Saturday, December 24, 2011

Imperfections

Take a look at this beautifully gnarled and deliciously sweet carrot from our friend's winter CSA, paused here on the cutting board before becoming an important part of my root vegetable crock pot stew (contact me for the recipe, super easy!)

As a recovering perfectionist, I often need to breathe into my present moment and accept myself for who I am, imperfections and all. We spend so much energy creating this illusion of perfection (and after all, it is an illusion) that we can miss the beauty and gifts of our blemishes. Dark and light parts, yin and yang, all important to our whole selves and our whole experience. We learned it in grade school, right? Time to start practicing that universal acceptance. I trust that it is one of the many ways to true happiness, balance, and health.

By the way, if you like your perfect morsel-sized baby carrots, click here to learn how baby carrots are made

No comments:

Post a Comment