Tuesday, November 17, 2015

#ASHA2015



Last week I travelled to Denver, CO with my friend and colleague Jen Llado. We have been prepping for nearly a year to present our oral session Meditation and Breath Work: The Missing Link in Neurorehabiliation.

I've never been an eager public speaker and I had my fair share of butterflies before we took the stage, but it all evaporated as soon as we got going. I mean, we started out by meditating together with over 200 participants at an academic conference! What a fantastic sight!

We taught the participants a handful of meditation techniques they can use with their clients and for their own wellness. And we presented and interpreted the theory and research that supports the use of meditation for brain health and healing.

The best part was hearing everyone's insightful and creative questions and comments after we presented. There is clearly a lot of energy around this topic right now, and I was honored to be a part of it!

We spent the rest of the weekend (wo)manning our Exhibit Hall Booth, offering products and continuing ed opportunities.

The elevation leveled me, the air was so dry my skin was cracking, and after talking non-stop for three days my voice has never been so tired! But the experience was energizing and so inspiring. Stay tuned for what we have in store for you next!

No comments:

Post a Comment