Saturday, May 25, 2013

Raw Pad Thai


I debated about which of my amazing raw dinner recipes to post, but this one got the most salivating "That looks amazing" comments from friends and facebookers, so I figured I'd share it! There are lots of variations of this recipe out there so I certainly can't take credit for inventing it. I used a combination of this recipe from shape.com, and a bunch of others that I skimmed on an intense google search on the topic. Note: peanut butter, thai curry paste, and tamari are not raw foods, so if you want to be "Pure Raw" you will want to sub these ingredients. It was close enough for me though!

"Noodles"
Thinly sliced red and green cabbage
2 small carrots, thinly sliced or shredded
1 bunch of baby bok choy, thinly sliced

Sauce
1 cup peanut butter (you could use almond if you are super committed to 100% raw, but I love that peanut flavor)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
3-4 tablespoons fresh peeled and chopped ginger
1/4 cup maple syrup 
3 tablespoonds tamari 
3 small garlic cloves
1 tsp thai curry paste

Garnish (not optional!)
crushed cashews
a handful of cilantro leaves

Method
1. Slice all the "noodle" veggies and toss together in a large bowl
2. combine sauce ingredients in a blender and process till smooth
2. plate each serving of noodles and smother in sauce
3. top with garnish
4. Take your time enjoying this dish, there is a lot of chewing involved!


No comments:

Post a Comment